Reny Varghese is a Healthcare Management Professional with more than 22 years of work experience in the hospital sector. Currently, he is heading Zynova Shalby Hospital in Mumbai.
A Graduate of Medical Radiology from MG University, Kerala, with a PG Diploma in Hospital Management and an MBA in Healthcare Management, Reny, in 2001, started working as a hospital administrator at Bhide Hospital in Pune.
His career covered all areas of hospital management including marketing, operations, profit centre management and project planning and implementation.
He has also worked in various management capacities with The Apollo Clinics, Hinduja Healthcare Pvt Ltd and Wadia Hospitals, Mumbai.
Reny is a regular speaker at various healthcare management conferences. He has been honorary guest faculty to the following colleges:
- Institute of Technology & Management, Mumbai
- Indira Institute of Management, Mumbai.
- SIES College, Sion, Mumbai.
- Wellingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Oriental Institute of Management (Advisory Board Member)
Reny is also a project guide for Management students from the following institutes:
- IIHMR, Delhi
- Symbiosis, Pune
- Sancheti Institute of Hospital Management, Pune.
Apart from his busy schedule, he works in the following honorary posts:
- Hon Chairman & Managing Trustee, SIOR Hospital Management Alumni Trust, Pune.
- Advisory Board Member, Gregorian Community, Roha.
- Planned, designed, and executed a 50-bed COVID ward and Vaccination Centre in Wadia Hospital Mumbai.
- Spearheaded the fundraising campaign for food kits through the Thane Citizens Foundation (TCF) in the first lockdown. He also Imparted hand hygiene training to slum dwellers near Pokhran II Road.
- Personally distributed hand sanitisers for Police forces in Majiwada, Waghbil and the DCP office in Kasarwadavli on behalf of TCF.
- Worked as a counsellor for COVID-19 patients during the first wave, and counselled more than 150 families all over the state and some out of Maharashtra, as part of Maharashtra Malayalee Help Desk.
- As Maharashtra was reeling under an acute blood shortage, he initiated blood donation drives in Vasai, Dombivli, and Nashik through various organisations in November 2020.
- He is also a forefront activist for Urban Jungle in Waghbil and has been in the news for unique farming on building terrace
- He volunteered to help Mahad and Chiplun flood victims through social organisations.
- Reny was responsible for retrofitting and renovation of Wadia Hospitals, a class II heritage structure and to bring in cutting edge technologies to the institution through CSR funds
Awards and Accolades
- For his COVID work, he was bestowed with the Thane Citizens – Pride Award (2021)
- Dettol has featured Reny in the Dettol Salutes (2021)
- Covid Warrior Award by Dombivli Keraleeya Samajam and Kairali Charitable Foundation, Pune. (2021)
- Business Leader of the year by ET Ascent Globa awards ( 2022)
- Healthcare CAO of the Year by Mid-day Healthcare Icon Awards –(2023)