Thailand is a country which is on every travelers wish list. Thailand or Siam is located in the center of mainland Southeast Asia. It is located wholly within the tropics, Thailand includes varied ecosystems, including the hilly forested areas of the northern frontier, the fertile rice fields of the central plains, the broad plateau of the northeast, and the rugged coasts along the narrow southern peninsula.
Thailand has Myanmar and Laos to the north as border, the east by Laos and Cambodia, the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and west by the Indian Ocean and Myanmar. It also shares maritime borders with Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand to the southeast, and Indonesia and India through the Indian Ocean in the southwest. The capital city of Thailand is Bangkok and is the largest city. Thailand is a constitutional monarchy and also a parliamentary democracy, however, in recent history, its government has experienced multiple coups and periods of military dictatorships.
In this article I am going to write about the famous city in Thailand called Pattaya. It is a famous beach resort town and had developed a colorful reputation over the years. It is located less than 200 kilometers from Bangkok. For beach lovers, it's a convenient place to enjoy the sun, sand, and the sea.
Over the years, Pattaya has drawn tourists and expats from all over the world ever since the American soldiers during the Vietnam War “discovered the once-sleepy getaway destination”. Since then, the popularity of Pattaya has steadily increased, and is now one of the most popular beach destinations in Southeast Asia. Pattaya has a tropical wet and dry climate, which is divided into the following seasons — hot and dry (December to February), hot and humid (March and April), and hot and rainy (May to November). In other words, it is always hot.
The places to visit in Pattaya are:
- For lovers of greenery Nong Nooch Botanical Garden is the best.
- Jonten Beach for sunbathing and working on your tan
- Discover the “Sanctuary of Truth”.
- Wat Yansangwararam
- For the spiritually inclined people Big Buddha Statue is a place to visit.
- Go for a day trip to Koh Lorn or Coral Island.
- “Art on Paradise” art museum.
- Ramayana Water Park to beat the sweltering heat.
- Four Regions Floating Market.
- Naklua Fish Market for fish lovers.
- Mini Siam
- Enjoy “Underwater World Pattaya”.
- Theppvasit Night Market for lovers of retail therapy.
So Pattaya is an ideal option for your next visit.